Join us on Saturday 30 January 2016 from 2pm to 6:30pm for an afternoon of brewing, eating and learning. Experience a full-grain brew – learn how to homebrew while enjoying some delicious food and samples of beer.
This is a course for people who have no homebrewing experience but are interested in giving it a go, or are already brewing from a kit but want to take the next steps towards a “full mash”. You are also very welcome if you just want to sit back, observe the transformation process of grain to beer and learn a bit about different beer styles, and beer & food matching.
Here are the details:
The brew: Throughout the afternoon we will be jointly brewing a 40-pint batch of pale ale, while learning the basics of homebrewing, the ingredients, the kit, recipes and the processes.
The food: We will keeping you well fed and watered throughout the afternoon, with various beer and food matches for you to try out.
The time: 2pm to 6.30pm, Saturday 30 January 2016
The place: Our home in Leytonstone, E11 4PR. Details will follow once you’ve booked.
The cost: Suggestion donation of £35 per person, payable in advance please.
This course will cover:
- How to make beer from malted barley and whole hops at home
- Selecting grains and hops for brewing different styles of beer
- The equipment you will need to do a full grain brew
- An introduction to the basics of beer and food matching
- A super-useful handout covering the basics of homebrewing and a couple of recipes to get you started.
- Finally, plenty of drinks and snacks throughout the afternoon.
If you are interested in booking a place just let us know. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, number of places and any dietary requirements. If you want to book a place as a gift for someone else, just let us know and we can send you a voucher for them.
Homebrewing instructions and some favourite beer recipes will be provided as part of the course, ready for you to start your own homebrewing adventure.